Meeting/Event Agendas

Theresa Hepburn theresa.hepburn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:25:16 GMT 2008

> I see what you're saying but the reason we don't do that is that
> events and installsfests are for more people than just the core team.
> That's why "meetings" is under "team development" on the wiki.

Okay, that makes more sense to me now. I agree, the planning could get
confusing if it's all mixed in with the events that we're trying to
promote to the outside.

> Well all meeting pages are based off a template which already includes
> and "agenda" section at the top. Originally, it was set up so that
> under upcoming meetings, the link would just point to the meeting
> notes page for that meeting (which includes that agenda section), but
> then Martin changed it so that there is now a separate agenda page
> that gets copied into the meeting notes after the meeting because that
> way we wouldn't have to change the link each time. I think we should
> use the original system because it's really not that hard to change
> the link for a new meeting, and it makes more sense when there's more
> than one upcoming meeting.

This makes sense to me now too, but I still like the generalized agenda
page for our whole team meetings. It's simple for me to edit and I would
have trouble updating all the links to it every month. I  do think it
makes sense to have unique pages for 'specialty' meetings however. So
for the Installfest and the  presentation planning meeting it would make
sense to make their own agenda (to evolve into minutes) pages.