launchpad registration

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 00:34:57 GMT 2008

On Dec 31, 2007 3:17 PM, John Parks <jwparks53 at aim.com> wrote:

>  Yuriy:
>
>  Yes it is.
>
>  I have sent a similar message to Martin "DoctorMo"  a couple of days ago
> but have not received a reply to date.
>
>  I have recently acquired an IBM thinkpad which has Ubuntu as its op sys.  I
> am not a programmer and have very little experience, if any, with Linux type
> systems.  During the holidays my son gave me a wireless card for my lap top.
> Needless to say it would not install because Belkin brand only supports MS
> and Mac systems.  When I returned the item to the store and looked in vane
> for a card which would run on a Linux system, I ran into a HP rep which
> happened to be in the store.  I explained my situation and he said that if I
> went on one of the forums I may be able to find someone that may be able to
> help me find a card as well as assist me in the install process.
>
>  While in an Ubuntu community site I tried to find a help section, but was
> unable.  I stumbled upon a link to the Launchpad site and figured this may
> be a place where I could get some assistance.  Anyway.... not being a
> programmer I'm not sure I could be of benefit to your community, but I could
> sure use some help in getting a card installed in my laptop.
>
>  I have found that after getting use to the Ubuntu system, I do like it much
> better than MS.  My only reservation is that most of the applications on the
> market only cater to MS and Mac.  Is there an easy route around that?  If
> there are tutorials available in learning the ins and outs of the Linux type
> systems I would be appreciative of how to get a hold of them.
>
>  Thanx for your time,
>  John

John,

Don't worry about the launchpad registration, that's for people
looking to become members of the team and contribute their time.  I'm
not up to date on wireless cards, but I am cc'ing this email to our
mailing list (ubuntu-us-ma AT lists.ubuntu.com) and hopefully somebody
else can help you.  Send any other questions there please.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org and http://wiki.ubuntu.com are great resources.

~ Yuriy