PR Re: Exploration: Ubuntu summary
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:13:21 GMT 2008
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, as a team we're technical geniuses, but as PR agents we're
> slacked jawed yokels.
<irony> Ah, the smooth approach </irony>
> We don't know enough people to contact, either
> in the city press, tv news media, online advertising and educational
Maybe we do, collectively. Let's leverage our collective social
networking. Via Skywarn contacts, I know a number of local tv
Meteorologists, who tend to be most tech-savvy folks in the station.
And I know some pro-news-bloggers locally. Used to know music critics,
just met a film critic.
* Facebook and LinkedIn groups, use those to send announcements to our
* Boston User Group Calendar website
* Boston Globe Calendar (check lead time)
* Boston Globe, WBUR, WGBH, & TV technology correspondents (or weather)
* flyers in indie computer shops, college campuses, social service
agencies weeks in advance
Those of you who are professionals, whether computer or otherwise,
should consider joining LinkedIn -- it's the social network for
professional networking. We can use it for publicity as well as
Facebook -- and it may help your career.
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com
More information about the Ubuntu-us-ma