Exploration: Ubuntu summary

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:35:51 GMT 2008

Well, it was nice to hang out with some other like-minded people and
talk to Ubuntu users, but I think our first installfest did a better job
of getting people in who were new to Ubuntu or wanted help setting it
up. Perhaps it was the snow, but I remember our first one attracting a
lot more new members of the Ubuntu community. So, yes, I think that we
should try to focus more on marketing, and perhaps a little less on the
technical details, because I think we did fine with that. We did a great
job of setting up the place with wireless and wired network connections
and power, but not many people actually ended up using it.