Exploration: Ubuntu summary

Steve Pomeroy steve at staticfree.info
Sun Feb 24 22:09:04 GMT 2008

I don't know about y'all, but I had a great time at our Exploration:
Ubuntu event yesterday. Everything went smoothly and we did a great
job helping everyone who came in, helping each other get our various
machines in order, promoting Ubuntu and generally making it a great
party.

Going forward, we should try and get together a small team for doing
team marketing. I'd really like to see a group do some research and
determine exactly how to bring more people to our events, especially
people who may not yet know that they want to come to them.

We should also look into the possibility of piggybacking on other
MA-area events and using those as promotional venues. By letting other
people invite everyone, we can really focus on getting a good pitch to
get people interested in Ubuntu.

A summary, in pictures!

Cam, Martin and other folks repaired a broken suspend:
http://gallery.ubuntu-ma.us/?g2_itemId=559

Leftyfb and others showed off cute computers:
http://gallery.ubuntu-ma.us/?g2_itemId=529

Sara made a delicious Ubuntu cake:
http://gallery.ubuntu-ma.us/?g2_itemId=550

Leftyfb showed off his Freedom Toaster:
http://gallery.ubuntu-ma.us/?g2_itemId=556

And everyone came together to make it a great event:
http://gallery.ubuntu-ma.us/?g2_itemId=517

--
Steve Pomeroy
http://staticfree.info/