Newton Public Schools Technology Advisory Committee Meeting

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 19 17:16:32 GMT 2008

So a teacher at north sent me the NPS TAC website that they use at
http://npstac.org/

I think we should try to get involved and they said it would be fine if i
showed up and brought someone from our team too. You can see the meeting
agenda at http://npstac.org/event/tac-meeting-0

I'm not really familiar with any of this but here's what i do know. At the
meetings, everyone breaks up into their own teams. You can see the groups
with a description for each at http://npstac.org/og Please look at these as
they could all use our advice. 1-1 learning could use ubuntu on those
laptops, course management is already looking into moodle and we need to
encourage that, and school portal is looking into drupal and we need to
encourage that, but they also, i think, deal with the student information
system, which se should recommend SchoolTool for.

Then, after and hour and a half, the teams will come back together to
debrief for 30 minutes.

Meeting with them could definitely give a lot of insight on what we should
be doing for the presentation.

Please, let me know what you think

Thanks,
.Danny