Facebook event for installfest

Theresa Hepburn theresa.hepburn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:10:01 GMT 2008

Yes, I agree that we need certain people designated for certain tasks. I
think having a specific responsibility provides a strong sense of
ownership and accomplishment, it gives a person a sense of pride in what
they're accomplished.

Currently we have a bunch of people haphazardly working on a bunch of
projects without a clearly defined focus, it leads to disorganization
and confusion, especially in terms of events. We don't have an event
chair who would be the only voice to say "on this day at this time we
will be handing out flyers." In this team's present state, we need to
filter through countless email threads in an attempt to decipher what
the final time/location was which simply isn't practical nor would I
expect any rational person to do that on a regular basis. On top of
this, I find tasks hold less meaning for the individual and he or she is
less likely to continue with it when they're not wholly dedicated to it.
At this point our group has a small number of  people with their hands
in everything which is not at all efficient. In my opinion we need a
specialization of trade but I don't get the impression that our
currently active members are willing to keep their hands out of those
tasks they've been semi-consistently taking charge of. Until that
happens I don't expect any volunteers will remain committed to a project
if they never know when they'll wake up one morning and find their work
deleted or grossly modified without warning.

Maybe we need a wiki page dedicated to persons responsible for certain
tasks in addition to team officers and/or committee chairs? This would
be a clear indication of what positions need filling and what tasks
people should keep their hands out of our who to contact about
suggestions or requests. I thought I remembered seeing something similar
to this idea but I don't quite remember where.

As an unrelated side note, Brad (ouegamer), is moving out of the state
so we have lost his contact with those periodicals and I'm assuming he
won't be maintaining the toolbox anymore either.

~ Theresa (avila)