Wiki Help

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 1 17:23:25 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

There are a few wiki pages that i'd really like to see exist.

1. Free Software: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeSoftware

   - Free Formats https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeFormats already
   exists and i think we should create a Free Software page that can help the
   general public understand and care about
   Free Software sing the following resources:
      - http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FLOSS_Concept_Booklet
      -
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_and_closed_source
      - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Windows_and_Linux
      - http://www.gnu.org/software/reliability.html
      - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/schools.html
      -
      http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/your-freedom-needs-free-software.html
   - On top of helping regular people understand free software, this page
   could be used by teams as an outline for presentations abut free software.

2. LoCo Activism: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoActivism

   - I already mentioned this in that other email but not it's been
   started and i need help developing it
   - This can be really effective in getting Ubuntu out to many many
   people
   - If you have experience with this you can help offer advice on what
   works

3. Free Software Alternatives:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeSoftwareAlternatives

   - There are lists that exists on other websites that we can use
   http://www.google.com/search?q=free+software+alternatives
   - I think we need our own
   - The one that exists now doesn't look like if ever got anywhere and
   it might be worth just starting from scratch.

Thanks!
.Danny