Web Development (was Re: Boston Perl Mongers - Social - December 9 - Redbones)

Chris Giroir kelsin at valefor.com
Tue Dec 9 19:55:31 GMT 2008

I'm completely biased towards Ruby on Rails but I think this also
stems from me liking the Ruby language a lot better than Python or
Perl.

Remember that while frameworks allow for "blog creation in 10 minutes"
(seems to be the famous phrase now) that is only for people that know
the frameworks. All frameworks take learning time but often their
feature sets are largely the same. The way they go about features also
seems to fall in line with the language designs as well. While my vote
is for Ruby, if you aren't a fan of ruby first pick what language you
like working in as a starting point for choosing a framework.

Chris Giroir