im new and have some questions

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 04:16:06 BST 2008

> i have been wondering if these meetings/events are under-21 friendly (i am
> 16)

Yes, last release party (at same venue?) there were one or more U18
highschoolers. Maybe one of them will chime in to encourage. The
waitress seemed to be able to handle giving the right orders to the
right folk.

(On our irc channel, the high-school folks and college folks -- many
still U21 --  are frequently most numerous.)

> also i am not currently running ubuntu because my mother could not figure it

The good news is Ubuntu is getting much more Mom-friendly. My daughter
is about your age, and I sent her *grand*mother to Arizona with
Feisty Fawn Xubuntu laptop and a No-Starch-Press Ubuntu book for WiFi
Email on the go. She got on fine. (Granted, my Mom is pretty sharp.)
Some particular packagings are even "easier" for transitioners, but
Feisty Xubu seemed ok for Mom.

> out but i am getting a laptop soon sooo should i come to the release??

Yes!

> and the install fest is on a thurs.. i might have school but if i come

Isn't that Vacation Week in Mass?

> around 4pm will there be anything going on...

probably a bit early. See Lefty's reply and the event Wiki page.

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com