[svlug] OLPC XP Give-one / Get-one program

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 05:02:40 BST 2007

I will be participating in this.  One laptop will go to a child in
need, and the other will go to my 11 year old brother Peter who has
been running Linux for a few years now and just built his first 64-bit
Linux desktop from scratch :-)  Of course, I've also been teaching him
some programming along the way too!  I think this OLPC GoGo idea is
ingenious...

On 9/26/07, Paul Reiber <reiber at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's been a LOT of interest recently in the OLPC.
>
> It's been darn near impossible to get a unit (unless you're, say, the
> president of a well-known Linux User Group)... but that has changed!
>
> You might want to take a look at http://xogiving.org/ - you can help
> this initiative, and get one of the units for yourself in the process.
>
> I have a feeling this program will "fill up" quite quickly - there are
> only a limited number of units allocated to the program - so if you're
> interested, move quickly.
>
> Best regards and happy hacking!
> -Paul Reiber
> President, SVLUG