Installfest question (registration)

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 20:53:43 BST 2007

> This may be a stupid question, but I'm not sure what's required for me
> to register as a volunteer for the installfest. I've mentioned that
> I'd like to go on the list, and I've added my name to the wiki page,
> but is that enough? I'll be going as an Installer, for lack of a
> better term, because I have experience installing and setting up Ubuntu.

being an installer is what most of us will be doing, those not
technically inclined will be invited to look after people, help carry
stuff and just hang out having interesting talks about things.

I dug the ID tags out of the box they were in last night, I'll need at
least some form of information from each person and a picture (or
avitar) to be sent to me directly e.g.

Martin Owens,
Project Leader, Programmer, Graphics Artist, Geek

Otherwise you'll look daft with one of the 'Unknown Person' ID tags
where each value is replaced by 'undef' and the picture is sooty and
sweep.