Ubuntu-us-ma Digest, Vol 7, Issue 30

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 20:18:19 BST 2007

Ah I see,

> ...I'll take that as a "no" then. I dunno about all the local ones, but I'll
> speak with the Lynn and Saugus libraries, perhaps Lynnfield as well. I still
> have a couple of the 7.04 ShipIt pressed cds that I could give them,
> hopefully I'll need to pick up some more.

This is where the confusion came in before right? It's not a no 'as
such' it's a 'nothing gets done unless there is someone to do it' and
that's not me putting some kind of rule in that is just how things
work in the FOSS community and in general life. What I'd rather see is
if someone could stand up and say: "Have no fear! I will manage all
library projects, editing the wiki with regard to contacting them,
organise others interested in engaging libraries in their areas and
push for a unified effort in some districts." or words to that effect.
Then we can sort of focus all library related efforts arround that
instead of trying to offer either a diffuse solution of ubuntu members
prodding their local libraries with no effect or worse more
administration burden on Mike :-P

Best Regards, Martin Owens