Installfest

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 18:33:36 BST 2007

How about corner of the InstallFest for Gutsy installs - the Gutsy corner?
Or at least doing a demonstration install, to walk through changes?

The idea of getting the CDs catalogued in Libraries is a pretty cool
thought. It seems like the ALA's internet
initiative<http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/iftoolkits/litoolkit/Default2338.htm>or
some organization (like foundations) that might be able to provide
some
feedback on the idea and possibly help facilitate any program like this?

On 9/21/07, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Then I must offer my apologies, non of my previous email was meant as
> an attack, a bitter remark or as scathing commentary. I just want to
> make a note for everyone that we need to be more engaged each as
> members in order to see things though otherwise we'll be posting loads
> of great ideas and just procrastinating on them and that just invokes
> sorrow in me not bitterness.
>
> Again I offer a personal apology to GoatTuber if I offended him,
> sometimes my emails can be a little emotive even when it's not
> intended.
>
> Although I make no such apology for my grammar, that is something your
> just going to have to with.
>
> Regretful Regards, Martin Owens
>
> On 21/09/2007, Brian Fallik <baf11 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > Martin,
> >
> > Wow.  Someone is bitter.  And needs a grammar lesson.
> >
> > I understand your rant on #2, but GoatTuber only asked if we had
> > already done anything, and then hinted that we might want to.  I
> > believe his question falls exactly within "if you have a good idea,
> > discuss
> > it here with the intention that your willing to do something about it
> > please."  I'm not sure why that warranted such a harsh response, and I
> > don't think sarcasm will necessarily help attract more contributors to
> > our group.
> >
> > brian

> days
> and
> > >
> > > There are a couple of great answers to this question: 1) we've been
> > > trying to organise the installfest for some time and it got pushed
> > > back to this date and it's my own fault for not checking the release
> > > dates; the second is that I wouldn't feel comfortable installing gutsy
> > > for at least 2 months after release, maybe on my own machine but not
> > > on random peoples machines who we won't have a chance to fix things if
> > > something goes horribly wrong.

> getting his
> inventory.
> > > >
> http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/318-So-This-Penguin-Walks-Into-The-Library....html
> > >
> > > Gret you've got the job of contacting all the local libraries and
> > > offering them CDs, congratulations. Let us know how it goes and what
> > > your experiences are.
> > >
> > > I must remind everyone at this point that as a volunteer group we
> > > really do relley quite a lot on people pulling their weight and taking
> > > charge for the small projects they want to see accomplished; there is
> > > a select few who are heavily involved and then lots of people coming
> > > up with ideas but not wanting to carry them forwards. So I put this
> > > plea out to all on the mailing list: if you have a good idea, discuss
> > > it here with the intention that your willing to do something about it
> > > please. We can then get a hell of a lot more done while those working
> > > on existing projects can focus on them.
> > >

> > > Best Regards, Martin Owens
> > >
> > > --

Brian