Will OLPC present at our InstallFest?

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Thu Sep 20 17:03:07 BST 2007

<quote who="Joshua McGinnis" date="Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:29:58AM -0400">
> We've finally finalized some of the event information regarding the
> InstallFest I've been talking about for months now. You can see some of the
> details here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Events/InstallFests/2007-10-13
>
> We'd love for some folks from OLPC to attend and possibly present. We'll
> even let you decide what to present! It could be an intro the XO, a Q&A
> session from the attendees, or a Python tutorial, etc.
>
> Any takers? Ideally, we'd like to confirm something today as we're working
> on putting out a press-release for the event.

I'll be there with a laptop but I think I'd rather give a more Ubuntu
related talk. I gave a talk on getting involved in and contributing to
Ubuntu in UbuCon NYC and I think I'd like to do the same thing here.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS