possibly putting Edubuntu in a local school

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 22:00:25 BST 2007

> You mean besides dearth of viri and spyware? I would think that might be an
> incentive. Maybe they would feel better if there were some kind of anti-virus
> program and anti-spyware (which would be a daemon logging "No viruses found"
> and "spyware blocked" messages hourly to some log.

If only it was that simple, perhaps we need a show of force, get a few
of our more experienced techies and arrange an event for them to show
case ubuntu, I mean it's powerful to have a teacher in the org
championing it but what does the teacher do to show there is a
community read to back up the tech with experience, knowledge and that
personal professional touch.

Best Regards, Martin Owens