Installfest booking/schedule

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:50:38 BST 2007

Hey Josh, if you look you will notice I redrew the entire poster in
inkscape; the first rule of printing media is vector for everything,
you should only ever use raster when using photographs and in those
instances you use high resolutions above 400dpi compensated for the
crop and translation in the presentation.

If anyone is considering doing posters etcetera then I highly
recommend the pattern I have layed out of designing and production in
inkscape and export a preview in png and publish to pdf for the
highest quality.

Plus, psd? what were you thinking ;-) obviously I have no qualms with
adobes software but I would warn people that Illustrator svg support
is iffy and the translation from their files to svg is interesting and
not always guaranteed in inkscape. So be careful when using propritory
tools, while they are often a higher quality of tool in terms of
usability they are often a much lower quality of filters and format
support in the open format realm.

Oh and everyone do thank Josh for his wonderful poster, I loved it
(Well I would or I wouldn't have redrawn it)

Best Regards, Martin Owens