Software Freedom Day!

Benjamin Melançon pwgdarchive at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:08:22 BST 2007

AND we should be asking businesses specifically what programs /
functionality they would need to switch, and what they would chip in
to get that functionality (knowing that, unlike proprietary software,
further investment would be voluntary - they would benefit from
everyone's continued work on the software in any case - and only
needed for true new functionality and improvements, not artificial
upgrades).

Does there exist a site for aggregating needs/requests and any pledges
for supporting development thereof?

If not Agaric Design Collective will create one.  We think encouraging
pooling of resources is a key to open source free software crushing
the proprietary competition, which against the superior development
model and benefits to society of FOSS has one lonely advantage: money.

ben