Compiz enabled by default in 7.10

Samuel Baldwin shardz4217 at
Fri Sep 14 02:04:45 BST 2007

> Enabled by default is a mistake, IMHO.  Simple to enable would be
> great. Simple to disable after trying it and it screws your system
> would be even better.
> I already have Windows boxes that I have to de-tune to boost
> performance, that is not what I want or expect from Linux.

Well, assuming they put some sort of detection on if your system can
handle it, it's not that bad. Besides, you don't install
Ubuntu/Kubuntu to be lightweight (for that you install gentoo or
debian. If you want medium weight you install Xubuntu).

Samuel 'Shardz' Baldwin

Shardz's Igloo:

Registered Linux User #410639