Ripping MP4/AAC audio on Ubuntu...

Aaron Haviland orion at parsed.net
Sat Sep 8 16:42:49 BST 2007

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote, on Sep 08, 2007 at 01:35 EDT:
> sound-juicer is broken in Gutsy right now.  Other than running icedax
> + faac manually, does anyone know of another nice GUI tool?
> Preferable for Gnome?

Dunno about AAC/m4a. I've been using Ogg Vorbis for the last several years.

Dunno about gnome. I've been using 'abcde' as my frontend-of-choice for
just as long. It's CLI, and does what it needs to :) It also seems to
support m4a. Just change OUTPUTTYPE=m4a in /etc/abcde.conf or
~/.abcde.conf

Besides, the whole thing is just a bash script, and it's beautiful. :)

--
Aaron Haviland