authtool: a network authentication configuration tool

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 12:03:35 BST 2007

On 9/1/07, James Kramer <kramerjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> This was a very timely posting for me.  Last week, the IT person where I
> work quit and I have to manage our network which runs Windows and Active
> Directory.  My first thought was how to connect a Linux machine into the
> network.. I never did that before.  I began reading about authentication and
> kerberos.  Would this be a good tool to help me connect a Linux client to a
> Windows/Active Directory network?
> jay

It would appear so.  However, I am hoping that someone like Joseph
Guarino will investigate how to integrate authtool into a network, and
write some docs for us all to benefit from :-)  Joseph seems to be a
pioneer at integrating new open source projects into the corporate
environments he consult for -- that is if he can sell F/OSS well
enough to the customers who don't have a clue (what I mean is, they
are clued into Windows, yeah...)!

Enough rambling.  Let us know if you get it working and how you used it...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen