New York Times advertisement for Ubuntu

Aaron Haviland orion at parsed.net
Thu Oct 25 04:48:31 BST 2007

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote, on Oct 24, 2007 at 12:32 EDT:
> We really need to have a New York Times advertisement.  It worked for
> Firefox and you will find my name (and 10,000 others) on the first
> advertisement shown below...

If you mean for this to be a Boston initiative, then maybe a Globe ad
would be more relevant.

Maybe this is something each LoCo could do for their own local
$BigNewspaper, in addition to a community-wide ad in $MajorNewspapers
like the NYT.

Personally, I'd think a lot of little papers have a better reach than
one big paper.

But what do I know? I've never read the Times or the Globe. Mostly, the
only paper I've read was the Worcester Telegram and Gazette, even when I
lived in Somerville: newspapers are so old-fashioned.

What we need is a TV commercial!

--
Aaron Haviland
34 Wayne Ave, Dudley, MA                       home:  [508] 943 - 7974