Gutsy Wired review

Brian DeLacey bdelacey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:28:50 BST 2007

I wrote an article that was just posted at O'Reilly's ONLamp site: What's
New in Ubuntu 7.10? (a.k.a. Gutsy
Gibbon)<http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/09/26/whats-new-in-ubuntu-710-aka-gutsy-gibbon.html>.

At the end of the article, there is a place to comment on this question:
"Are you an Ubuntu user? If so, what do you really like about it?"  There
are so many really nice aspects to this release, it would be great to see
people add to a list of favorites - like built-in NTFS write support and
painless full disk encryption!

The article also highlights the recent MA LoCo InstallFest. Hope you enjoy
it.

Thanks,
  Brian

On 10/18/07, Jack Daniel <jackadaniel at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is great that Gutsy is getting good press- but two of the biggest
> things (for me, at least) are almost secrets (neither mentioned at
> Wired or other articles): built-in NTFS write support and full disk
> encryption.  The full disk encryption is enough to make me move all of
> my non-Tablet portables to Ubuntu- and it "just works".
>
> Painless full disk encryption is a HUGE feature.
>
> Jack
>

> On 10/18/07, Brian Fallik <baf11 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > A positive Gutsy review from Wired:
> > http://www.wired.com/software/softwarereviews/news/2007/10/ubuntu_gutsy