Installfest ideas

Steve Pomeroy steve at staticfree.info
Mon Oct 8 13:21:45 BST 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 11:13:34PM -0400, leftyfb at left-click.org wrote:
> Ok, with the Installfest being this coming Saturday the 13th, I'd like to pull
> together some last minute ideas for the event. These are some ideas I have:
>
> Talks: Mako has already expressed his desire to give a talk about Ubuntu. If
> anyone else feels they would like to give a talk or any topics, lets us know.
> (Steve: think we'll need a PA/Mic? Sorry this was a last minute idea)

I'll see what I can do. I doubt that'll be an issue.

> Demos: I will be bringing my pxe/apt server which is loaded with gutsy and
> compiz fusion along with my laptop running beryl and avant window navigator.
> If anyone else has any machines or applications they'd like to show off, let
> us know.

There's a giant TV in that area (projection screen) as well as some
projectors we can borrow. Do we need any input conversion, or can you do
RCA output?

> Raffle: Anyone think this is a good idea? I have a NIB 1GB Lexar Lightning
> flash drive which we could give away as is or I could preload with DSL or the
> old Dapper Ubuntu.

1GB flash drive?! Microcenter is down the street. Might as well
get something slightly more desirable. Is there some particular hardware
that is neat, cheap(ish) and works in Ubuntu well? A webcam or
something?