IdeaStorm Ideas

Jason M Normand jay at lentecs.com
Thu Nov 29 16:01:32 GMT 2007

Not sure Gobuntu will work for dell.  I would suspect existing contracts
with suppliers may limit their ability to use fully open source
drivers.  Throw in the r&d costs for relyability, and a system that
likely wont see much of any market penetration and i wouldnt hold your
breath.  Same problem goes for their printers and other hardware.

Hopefully they are using their clout to push on manufacturers but
ultimately all open drivers are not very realistic in the near future.

--
Jason M Normand

the Geek Touch - a helping hand for high tech
http://www.theGeekTouch.com

Ubuntu MA LoCo Team
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam