$200 Ubuntu PC now @ Walmart

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:09:41 GMT 2007

On 11/2/07, Thomas Cameron <tom at drdabbles.us> wrote:
> Beware what you get in a $200 pc. If you let everyone know it will
> basically be a throw-away computer, fine. Otherwise, you may have some
> hard feelings later on. Just speaking from experience.

I don't understand what you mean.  This is a computer specifically
designed for people who merely want to get on the Internet, browse
around, write emails, and print office documents.  It is not a gaming
PC.  I don't think it should be considered a "throw-away computer" at
all!

Additionally, maybe people don't like having to install Ubuntu
themselves.  We are seeing more and more Ubuntu-preinstalled machines
popping up from various vendors, presumably because they got the
"thumbs up" from Dell's research...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen