UDS Presence

Daniel W. Green dan at october5th.net
Fri May 11 05:35:39 BST 2007

>> To increase our team's presence and notoriety, I suggest that we put
>> together some T-Shirts and other promotional items to flaunt at the UDS.
>> We should also discuss some other strategies. Perhaps we could even host
>> a welcoming or after party.
>>
>> -Octoberdan
>
> Doing something to help with UDS would be great, but note that it's
> something paid for by canonical and the developers are there to work.
> It's also an invitation only type thing as far as I understand.
The wiki (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-Sevilla) states:

"The summit is open to the public, but it is not a conference,
exhibition or other audience-oriented event. Rather, it is an
opportunity for Ubuntu developers -- who usually collaborate online --
to work together in person on specific tasks." I, however, still plan to
check it out, as I'm sure others will.

> Anyways, T-shirts would be great (not only for that).  I think
> ubuntu/canonical can provide us with ubuntu shirts for conferences,

According to our wiki, we're not yet registered as a team, is that still
true?

> btw.  Welcome or after party is a good idea.  In spain they organized
> an Ubucon to coincide with UDS, so that might be a good idea as well.

Perhaps we could do the same (Ubucon Boston!), or at least host a
welcoming/after party. We will probably have a greater turn out if we
host it after rather then before when everyone will be arriving and
wanting to rest before the convention. We could also have an Ubuntu
awareness/install feast session where people are encouraged to bring a
friend.

> ~ Yuriy

Let me know how you guys feel so we can throw this in full throttle and
get something together. Perhaps we'll even lure some ubuntu developers.

-Octoberdan