Let's set up a first meeting!

Damon Timm damontimm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 01:54:45 GMT 2007

I only joined the mailing lists two hours before this request was sent out,
but I think I could be there for 5p on Tuesday.  Having an IRC channel would
be nice.  They have one for Tenn or something.  We should get one too.

On 3/15/07, Ryan Hurley <spitty at gmail.com> wrote:

> That time works for me.
>
> I'm all in favor of registering for a permanent channel on Freenode,
> though I don't know anyone on the Freenode staff, or how to go about
> requesting a permanent channel assignment.  As to the forum, would it be a
> subforum of the official Ubuntu forums, or something separate?
>
> My only concern would be that we would become too spread out- some
> information on launchpad, some on the wiki, some in the IRC channel topic,
> etc, so when we do get everything set up, we should make it very clear as to
> what the "main" mode of communication is.
>
> Otherwise, that all sounds good!
>
> -Ryan Hurley
>
> On 3/15/07, Yuriy Kozlov <yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com > wrote:
> >
> > Welcome to the Ubuntu MA LoCo team!
> >
> > Looks like everyone is subscribed now, so let's schedule a first IRC
> > meeting for some time next week.  For now we'll meet in #ubuntu-us-ne.
> > Everybody on the NU team is welcome to participate.
> >
> > The primary purpose of the meeting will be to discuss goals for the
> > team.  We should work out some specific thing(s) we want to achieve.
> >
> > In addition, here's the to-do list:
> > - Do we need an IRC channel?  If so, we need to get someone to set one
> > up.
> > - Do we need a forum? If so, we need to get someone to set one up.
> > - If anybody's come up with some logo ideas by the time of the
> > meeting, let's pick one.
> > I've posted this at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Meetings
> > As a general thing, if you have anything to add to the agenda, please
> > add it to the wiki page.
> >
> > Please respond with what is a good time for a meeting.  (Or a good
> > time not to).  For now I'll throw out Tuesday March 20 at 5:00pm,
> > how's that?
> >
> > Finally, all this week I (and others) are working on Kubuntu Desktop
> > Bugs Week: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuTeam/Bugs so if you use
> > Kubuntu Feisty, please help out!!
> >
> > ~ Yuriy
> >
> > --

"In Search of #6", a travelogue & memoir  by Damon Timm
available for free online as an audiobook / podcast or to read at:
http://www.damonjustisntfunny.com