InstallFest

Aaron Haviland orion at parsed.net
Sun Dec 16 17:12:03 GMT 2007

Jonathan M. Prigot wrote, on Dec 16, 2007 at 11:50 EST:
> Although I think that live music would be an interesting hook for the 'Fest, I
> suggest that we start off with recorded/streamed and see how that goes. We
> want the 'Fest to appeal to as wide a range as possible and not drive people
> away 'cause they don't like that sort of music (whatever the genre).
> Recorded/streamed would also give us control over the volume. When I'm
> helping someone, I don't want to have to have to fight the music.

I agree. The music does need to take a back seat to the primary purpose, but if/when
we are able to have larger events, with people giving talks, perhaps letting them
fill in between speakers would be a good idea. I'm not sure I like the idea of a live
band band providing background music, especially if we don't know the acoustics of a
room that well.

FYI, another local band that's releasing stuff under Creative Commons: Jim's Big Ego
(http://bigego.com)

--
Aaron Haviland