Posting Rules

Theresa Hepburn theresa.hepburn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:50:01 GMT 2007

>     I'd argue against list rules that impose any obstacles for new users
>     to understand.  I'd hate for someone to add a discussion comment, only
>     to be publicly corrected for a failure to follow list formatting
>     conventions.
>

> Why?  Then they would know, and not do it again.  Isn't that how life
> works in pretty much any other area?

Yes, and any other distribution of linux requires some understanding of
command line interfaces and kernels. Ubuntu is a unique distribution
intended to attract and be available to users who understand java only
as coffee and think installing weather bug is the best idea since sliced
bread. We are a unique community dedicated to attracting those with
non-technical backgrounds and supporting them in the switch to open
source software. It is difficult enough for the average Windows user to
make the jump without additional hurdles; I would hate for someone to
turn away because of a petty technicality.