Proposition

Paul pfortin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 16:18:20 GMT 2007

> There are some standards, namely:
>
> No swearing
> No abuse
> No spamming
> Please trim messages
> Please reply to all
> Please spell check
> Please use recognisable names
> Please don't spam block members
>
> There are two levels, No-no's and things you should do to be polite.
> Any other rules should be thought of as common sense or discussed at
> the meeting on Thursday, please come to the irc channel or the meeting
> if you want to talk about these things.

Great, thanks.

I just can't be bothered with non-trimming top posters.  I've been around
too long to have that argument.  Just when I think that argument has died it
springs up...and in a place like this, no less...where I would suspect a
more savvy group of users.

It appears that it's just a select few that are stubborn, but a single
rotten apple can ruin a bunch, as the old saying goes.

I'd love to be active in the Ubuntu community, especially locally.  But, if
the first thing I see when joining a mailing list is some top poster saying
"Me too!" with nothing trimmed, it's disheartening.

Can we vote or something please?  I'm too old and crusty to agree not to
spam filter top posters.