Ubuntu Install Fest etc.

Aaron Haviland orion at parsed.net
Thu Dec 6 05:21:55 GMT 2007

Danny Piccirillo wrote, on Dec 05, 2007 at 19:28 EST:
> I see. Well, i'm happy with just using our normal channel for
> meetings. I'd just like people who can't physically be at the meetings
> to be able to have a presence. I think that's important. Some people
> had some ideas of why a separate channel would be good so maybe we can
> talk about this more.

I thought at one point there was discussion about having the IRC
meetings at a different time/day from the regular meetings, as well.
Since it's only scheduling that prevents me from making the meetings,
holding them on IRC at the *same*time* would not help me at all!

Short of taking time off from work, is there any way I can have an
active presence at the meetings?

I had just come up with an idea of a wiki-meeting. (Stop me if this has
been tried before) Something where the "meeting" is scheduled to open on
one day (let's say Sunday) and end on another (Saturday?), and all the
various things on the schedule for the meeting are open for discussion
for the first couple days, and then a vote on the last couple days. (If
we're going by a voting system... Heh, I don't even know if you're using
Robert's Rules (even informally) at the meetings)

Anyway, something like this would provide a fixed setting for a meeting,
while allowing people who can't be there at a given time, or in a given
place, and even allow for a little extra discussion time and
brainstorming. I think the important piece is the deadlining.

> What happened with #ubuntu-us?

Yeah, I'm a bit curious too...

--
Aaron Haviland
34 Wayne Ave, Dudley, MA                       home:  [508] 943 - 7974