Ubuntu MASSACHUSETTS InstallFest

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 14:45:42 BST 2007

Worcester folks will find it convenient, but it's a central location
and it's not just 'next' it's a separate set of events, meetings etc.
Worcester is also about as far west as the commuter rail goes, any
where else and central meetings would drift away from west based
meetings and we wouldn't be able to colaberate and help each other
out.

> Why Worcester next? We've had two volunteers from the 5 Colleges /
> Conn.Riv valley area, the OTHER academical congregation in Mass,
> who've offered to find a site in what should be a hotbed area.
> Worcester folks can choose either Boston or Springfield/NorthAdams,
> Bershire .folks are more likely to go to Albany NY than Worcdester.

It sounds like a great place to have one of the localised
installfests, can you add it to the schedule wiki page as a good
place?

> To see the population centers, an IR sat map helps provide perspective.
> http://fermi.jhuapl.edu/states/avhrr/MA_213.n14.96sep30_1810.html
> [I use this as a basemap (with permission) for some projects.]

IR map confirmed, reminds me of the road map in a way.

Best Regards, Martin Owens