Ubuntu MASSACHUSETTS InstallFest

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 02:58:25 BST 2007

> What is the weighting towards Worcester? See this is one of the
> reasons I wanted a map with each members location so I could see how
> many people are around a certain area and weight the location to need,
> transport and location of members.

What is the concentration of non-team Windows users who need help
because there isn't a local team member? Where ever there isn't a dot?

> So far all I know is Mike in Lowell and me in Southie, Sunny in South
> Boston, Yuiry close by, and most other people are close by to Boston
> too; so to make a case for a move to the middle of the state it'd have
> to be something better than 'because it's symmetric and politically
> correct'

If we play to the existing base, we don't expand the existing base.

It would be embarassing if ubuntu-loco-western-mass formed due to our neglect.

As you know Martin, I could haul a number of folks and their gear in
style once I can off-load that wheelchair permanently, hopefully soon.
(And more gear if I fit the roof pod.)

[Fewer folks and more gear if I bring the gurney, but that's for a
hypothetical Installfest-at-a-Swapfest, whether at MIT or Deerfield.]

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com