Ubuntu MASSACHUSETTS InstallFest

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 02:25:17 BST 2007

Welcome Michelle!

> If however, there are plans to move this around (like at UMass Amherst,
> or Greenfield CC or some such) then I'm happy to be quiet, and I'll be
> glad to help organize an event out here.

Great idea!

Deciding how often and where to do Installfests in the future will be
a topic after the first is successful. Having a volunteer to arrange
site for a western mass event so we're not just a Boston team is a
great step in that direction.

Yes, Mass and New England have a geopolitical problem or two.

Inside 128, we have tension between the Car folks and the Bike/T folks.
(MIT E51 is ideal for that since it's easy walk from (T) AND is
easy-off/easy-on from highways with off-street parking.)

Outside 128/495, there's the "we're here too" / "not just Boston"
issue. Is Worcester in "Eastern" or "Central" or "Western"
Massachusetts ? Matter of perspective ;-) The Cape feels left out some
too, except when everyone goes to visit ...

(And Maine/NH north of the southern tier of counties gets ignored in
much of "New England" functions ... along with all of Vermont.)

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com