Fwd: [ubuntu-us] Proposal for an Annual Ubuntu User Conference

Wesley Harp wesj at wesleyharp.com
Wed Jul 8 19:00:43 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amber Graner <akgraner at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM
Subject: [ubuntu-us] Proposal for an Annual Ubuntu User Conference
To: ubuntu-us at lists.ubuntu.com

Hi all!

Nick Ali suggested that I send the proposal for an Annual Ubuntu User
Conference to the list so here goes.

The Proposal can be found at :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NorthCarolinaTeam/AnnualUbuntuUserConference

I also have it in .odt format if anyone wants it.  I found out I couldn't
attach it and send it to the list.  :-) (I learn something new daily).  I
thought a wiki would be better as we can add to it and improve it.

It was based on trying to get something planned for 2010 (not sure is that
is possible now  as I am not sure when the would be sponsors allocate their
budgets for events like this.)

I would enjoying working with others to plan the event and I don't mind
sending out the RFP's to the cities that we think would meet the
requirements once these are defined better by those who have planned F/LOSS
events before. (My planning experience is Corporate/Government/Social
markets).  Maybe we can come up with a team to work on this and see if we
can get this off the ground.

Amber
--
Just me Amber.

There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but only
want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
Linus Torvalds

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: