Discussion night

Wesley Harp wesj at wesleyharp.com
Thu Mar 27 23:59:50 GMT 2008

I think we should try something new on Thursdays nights.  We've previously
had this on the calendar as "Informal Discussion Night".  It's basically
been a show up and chat type thing.  Well, I think we should make Thursday
nights more of an event.  Have actual Discussion Nights.  Each week we
should let someone pick a topic for us to discuss.  Maybe you've got a pet
peeve about Linux, Ubuntu, or the community, or you have a project idea, or
you want to have a philosophical discussion about the merits of open source
or ways we can market open source and Ubuntu better.  Well on your night,
from 9 to 10, every one who can make it can help you brain storm, come up
with ideas, a plan of action, do a little research, or whatever it takes.
We can refine the process and the types of topics we're going to cover as we
go.  Obviously they should be related to our ultimate goal of promoting
Ubuntu and open source software in some way, but I think we can have a
pretty broad range of topics for discussion under that umbrella.  This can
be your chance to put the power of the entire LoCo team behind you.

I realize this is short notice, but tonight we are going to be discussing
our presentation for the HAMfest.  If you would like to help us out and can
make it, then we'll see you at 9 in #ubuntu-us-la on irc.freenode.net!

Discuss.

Wes