Louisiana Ubuntu Newsletter Issue No. 3

Wesley Harp wesj at wesleyharp.com
Thu Mar 27 00:21:12 GMT 2008

 Louisiana Ubuntu Newsletter Issue No. 3

March 26, 2008

----------------------------
Team News
----------------------------

We are going to be printing team business cards with general information
about the LoCO team.  There is a poll on the forums where you can vote on
the design you like best.  If you plan to vote, please do so by Friday March
28th at midnight.  Currently we are planning to order 2000 at an approximate
cost of $70 which includes printing, shipping, and other fees.  If you would
like to contribute, please contact either Rob Rogers or Wesley Harp.

----------------------------
Monroe Ham RadioFest Update
----------------------------

If you will be attending the Hamfest, make sure you have signed up on the
wiki page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LouisianaTeam/Projects/MonroeHamFest.
Use @SIG@ to add your wikiname and timestamp automatically.  Be sure you
have created your wiki page so we can contact you directly.  So far we have
six people signed up.  We need to have at least 3 people in the booth at all
times.  Shifts will be shorter as we get more volunteers.

Instead of paying a booth fee, each person will need to pay admission at the
door.  Admission is $5 per person

We need to organize the presentation for the hour long forum we have been
asked to do.  If you have ideas or know of material we can borrow or adapt
please contact Rob Rogers.  Some of this time can be used for questions and
answers so our presentation will not need to fill up the entire period.

System76 has confirmed that we will be getting a demo laptop for the
Hamfest.  We have also received flyers from this great sponsor. Rob Rogers
will be mailing the last batch of fliers for distribution Thursday March
27th.  Visit System76 at http://system76.com.

The wiki page also details the progress on a PC we will be giving away at
the Hamfest.  We hope this will be a big draw to our booth and may provide a
good chance to offset the costs of this event if we raffle it off. Please
use the wiki to tell us if you have parts you wish to contribute to this
effort.  If we have more parts volunteered than we need for this event, we
will use them for other PC giveaways.

If you have any new details or questions regarding the HAM fest project,
please post to the forum thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=702784.

There will be a Hamfest organization meeting on IRC Tuesday April 1st at
9:00pm.  If you are planning to help with the HAM fest, please make every
effort to attend this meeting.  If you cannot make the meeting but will be
at the Hamfest email Rob Rogers and make sure you've signed up on the wiki
page.

----------------------------
On the Wiki
Art and Site Badges
----------------------------

We have a new wiki page to make it easier to find some of our art and
documents.  The page is https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LouisianaTeam/Art.  For now
there are just a few site badges for you to display on your website if you'd
like.  If you do, please link the image to the front page of our wiki (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LouisianaTeam).  Once we select a business card
design it will be here also.

----------------------------
Next Meeting

Our next team meeting will be on April 3rd at 9:00pm in our IRC channel
#ubuntu-us-la.  If you have something that should be on the agenda at this
meeting please add it here: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/LouisianaTeam/Meetings

Next Issue

If you have anything that should be included in the next newsletter issue,
please email me.