Fw: Apress.com - Open Source User Group Promotion

Eric Lake ericlake at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:10:43 BST 2010

In case anyone is interested.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lake
Sent from my Palm Pre
From: Apress <newsletters at apress.com>
Date: May 12, 2010 12:01
Subject: Apress.com - Open Source User Group Promotion
To: ericlake at gmail.com

Greetings Apress User Groups,
We are running a special promotion for
our Open Source User Groups this week! We are pleased to offer a 50%
discount for the following eBook: Crafting Digital Media: Audacity, Blender, Drupal,
GIMP, Scribus, and other Open Source Tools by Daniel James.
This is a book for anyone using Linux
who wants to be creative employing the tools Linux has to offer them. It is
for Linux artists who want to make their tools serve their creative goals,
while not having to worry about the money to pay for those tools. It is a
book for anyone who wants to be a part of the creative community in Linux.
The book has been well received by our reviewers and now we are offering
you and your fellow User Group members a chance to purchase the eBook at
the discounted price of $14.00.

About Our Title:
Crafting Digital Media: Audacity, Blender, Drupal,
GIMP, Scribus, and other Open Source Tools
by Daniel James | ISBN-13:
978-1-4302-1887-6| Published Dec 2009 | 450pp.

What You'll Learn:

Install and configure Ubuntu GNU/Linux for creative applications.
Get productive with Ardour, Audacity, Avidemux, Blender, FontForge, the
GIMP, Hydrogen, Inkscape, Mixxx, Scribus, Synfig and other tools.
Chain these applications together and make them serve your creative
vision.
Find and install the applications cross-platform, if you want to reach
out beyond GNU/Linux.
Share your creative works with the world using Drupal Web 2.0
technology and Icecast media streaming.
Locate and engage with software and project hosting communities, to
connect with other creators.

Discount code: MAYOSEBOOKPROMO

*This promotion is set on a first come first served basis and will be
offered only to the first 100 users.*
The discount code can be applied at
the eBook checkout page.  Feel free to spread the
word!
Best regards,
Simon

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Apress, 233 Spring St, New York, NY, 10013