August IRL meeting

Eric Lake ericlake at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:45:22 BST 2010

This is basically a copy of what I posted on the website earlier.

We are having our regular meeting on August 21st from 2:30 – 4:30 EST.
This months topic of discussion will be about GNU Screen. If you have
never used this handy little application then you are in for a treat.
It is perfect for everyone from home users to sysadmins. We will show
you:

    * Why screen is so useful
    * How to get the most out your screen usage
    * How to pimp your screenrc

The screen presentation should not take the full 2 hours. After we
finish up we are hoping to be able to take a little bit of time to
discuss where we are going as a team. What kind of changes do we need
to make to attract some more members? What kind of things do we need
to be doing with the website, forum, projects, etc.. ?

I mentioned in the last post that we are going to be meeting in a new
location. We are hoping to see you all at the meeting. You can find a
map to CKCS (Central Kentucky Computer Society) here
http://bit.ly/ckcsloc.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lake