November F2F Meeting

Jordan Keyes jkeyes0 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 16:59:32 GMT 2009

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder that our next F2F meeting is on November
21st (next Saturday) from 2:30pm - 4:30pm at the Eagle Creek Library in
Lexington (address can be found on http://www.bglug.net, on the main page).

Intended topics for that meeting are:
* Text Editors: vim (Rob/crosscut) and emacs (Bill/wdieter). If
anyone's interested, I can talk briefly about nano as well, but
vim/emacs are more widely misunderstood

* Release Party (Ubuntu 9.10): We should receive our box of 300 CDs
before Nov. 21st (hopefully). We'll give a brief talk on the new
features and try to field some questions if anyone needs assistance.

* Time willing, we might also do a brief resume workshop, so bring in
your resume (electronic or paper, we don't care) and we'll check it
out to see how "hireable" you are.

Last I heard, both Rob and Bill are going to be available for this
meeting, so we're on for our Text Editors discussion, and Eric told us
that even though our CD order for Ubuntu 9.10 has been delayed, they
should be in before the party. Both OpenSUSE and Fedora either have
new releases or upcoming releases, so if anyone's familiar with those
distros, we'll celebrate them as well.

Hope to see you guys next Saturday!

Jordan