[BGLUG] Meeting thoughts

Rob Turner rob at protackllc.com
Thu Jun 18 07:29:31 BST 2009

I'll second that on availability to present.  Having my RHCE, 10 years in
the service provider industry, and honestly just a geek that enjoys using
OS, I'm always willing to present or even lead a round table discussion
which sometimes seem more preferred for collaboration.

As far as a consistent place to meet, I'm not sure the size crowd to
expect at first, but I've been getting more involved in some of the local
business groups such as Awesome, Inc (http://awesomeinc.org).  They have a
decent size conference room and game room that is used interchangeably for
larger meetings.  As a collocated work space and business incubator, they
charge $25/hr for conference room use.  However, they also work closely
with and/or organize groups that foster creativity and technology groups
so they may not charge for a group such as bglug.

As far as content suggestions, some that come to mind that I could offer
to the group immediately are:

Vyatta
Pirahna/LVS
LVM
Zenoss
Nagios
Cacti
Zimbra
SugarCRM
FreeNX
Thinstation
Freeradius
NST

There are many other projects and more general discussions I could think
of but this could easily cover a few meetings so just for grins, what
other topics/projects do people here know of that may be of interest to
the group?

Rob Turner, RHCE
ProTack, LLC
(859) 721-0262 - Office