[BGLUG] Meeting thoughts

Jordan Keyes jkeyes0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:08:59 BST 2009

Rob,

Three things prevent us from having regular meetings:
1. We don't have a 100% stable location (we've had meetings at various
churches, a school, and coffee shops over the last year)
2. Very few ideas have been put forth, and even fewer presenters.
3. We could do every X Saturday of the month, but without ideas to present
we haven't been motivated to. LPLUG used to meet during the week over lunch,
but quite a few of our members are not from Lexington, so we couldn't make
it there on a lunch hour.

I'm all for the idea of having a clear agenda and having a set monthly
meeting on a specific Saturday if we can come up with a location. I'll even
work on having presentations ready for every meeting, even if it's just
"recent news in the linux world".

Any ideas on a location to have meetings? The ideal location would be a
conference room at a business, or something to that effect, but that
generally requires the IT guy at the business being a part of the group, or
being open to the idea, so we could have access to a projector and their
network (at least an open wireless point).