IRL Meeting

Eric Lake ericlake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:24:01 BST 2008

Some of us were able to make it to OLF this year and it was awesome (IMHO).
One thing that they had there was an Open Movie theater. HP put this on and
it was set up to showcase movies about FOSS or ones that were made using
FOSS. I think that this would be a good thing to do for us as a meeting
soon. We could pick a movie, eat some popcorn, geek out, etc. The movies
that I have in mind are the following:
Silicon Valley
Revolution OS
Anti-Trust

What other movies can you think of. My understanding is that Pixar uses a
farm of Linux boxes to render their movies. We could open it up to these
movies too and bring your whole family.

On a similar note some of us have discussed having a set day and time for
meetings. We were thinking something like the 3rd Saturday of the month.
That way we can all schedule around this time and we will be able to get
used to meeting on a regular basis. One thing that we would need to decide
on is a place to meet. It would be best to have a place that we could go to
all of the time so that we don't have to look for a new location each month.

What are your thoughts, concerns, criticisms, ideas?

--
Thanks,

Eric Lake

"No one of us alone can make this work. We will have to work together."