Release party plans

Eric Lake ericlake at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 19:08:33 GMT 2008

My thinking is that if it is a family event then those of us with families
will have an easier time getting to come (bkingx :) ). That and most all of
us already know what the new release is all about and this should / could be
just a party to celebrate it.
"Big Buck Bunny" would be a great show to have too since it is very short
and awesomely done.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Jordan Keyes <jkeyes0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> since it's 2-5pm, snack food would be best. I could probably work out some
> chips/dip, chips/salsa, or cookies or something. Thoughts on that?
>
> I have a feeling if we make this a "family event" there will be little
> discussion about the actual release, or else the significant others will
> become bored very quickly. It is a party, though, so we could keep the
> geekspeak to a minimum.
>
> Silicon Valley would be good. We could also have at our disposal the
> different projects from the Blender guys (elephant's dream, buck the bunny)
> like they had at OLF.
>

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Eric Lake <ericlake at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So what do you all think we should have at the party this weekend? I'm
>> thinking some kind of snack food for sure. I know that some want a cheese
>> cake. I will see if I can convince my wife to make one. I will plan to bring
>> a few 2 liters of Coke too. If you plan to bring something please reply
>> thing.
>> Should we say that this is a family event and that we should bring kids
>> (all ages), wives, husbands, etc? We could set up a few stations with the
>> new Ibex on the and let the kids have a gaming are if we want. It would be
>> kinda cool I think.
>>
>> I will try to bring a movie too (Silicon Valley maybe) and we can watch it
>> if we get a chance and there is a desire to do so.
>>
>> I am really hoping that this will be the first of a long string of regular
>> meetings. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.
>>
>> p.s. Don't forget to bring a friend if you can.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eric Lake

> You can find on IRC in #bglug on irc.freenode.net.

Thanks,

Eric Lake