Accidently disabled auto-mounting for USB devices

Charles Smith xkcdqntm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 05:26:25 GMT 2008

Please help!  I've accidentally mis-configured how usb devices are mounted!
I recently installed a webcam and I think the installation script set all
the usb ports to read-only.  I tinkered with the mount options and now when
I Insert my flash drive into the port, the system tries to mount it but
complains that I have the incorrect options set.  I don't know how to undo
this and I wish I knew where to un-tinker these options.  Will editing
/etc/fstab work?  Please respond; I am losing a lot of sleep over this.