bradluyster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 18:46:18 GMT 2007
With any luck, he won't be the kind of A-hole that wants to keep the
team for himself.
Wouldn't that be just what we need, two kentucky teams dueling it off.
Maybe Mark Shuttleworth himself can act as your second, Eric.
On 2/19/07, Eric Lake <ericlake at gmail.com> wrote:
> Possible snag in the whole idea. I just saw that there is another team
> on launchpad for Kentucky (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kentucky). I
> have sent an email to the owner of that team asking for permission to
> use that as our name. I have also talked with Aaron Toponce about what
> needs to be done to change the other names.
> On 2/19/07, Jordan Montgomery <stash.montgomery at gmail.com> wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA1
> > Eric Lake wrote:
> > > I just read this post on Aaron Toponce's blog
> > > http://www.pthree.org/2007/02/18/us-loco-teams-success/. I think that
> > > it would be a good idea for us to discuss one of the issues that he
> > > points out. It is the issue of "Internet consistency".
> > >
> > > What are your thoughts on this?
> > >
> > > As of now our presence on the web does not follow the pattern that is
> > > being set. For instance, our IRC channel is #ubuntu-ky and our
> > > Launchpad site is https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ky. If we were to
> > > follow the standard here we would have our channel at #ubuntu-kentucky
> > > and be found on Launchpad at https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kentucky.
> > >
> > > Would it be best for the team to make this change now? How will it
> > > impact us if we do? What would the process be? How do we effectively
> > > communicate the changes to the team?
> > >
> > > In all we would have to have changes made to the IRC channel, mailing
> > > list, forum and Launchpad. We are still a fairly new team so if we are
> > > to do this then I think that the time to do it is now.
> > >
> > I think we shoould change it to make it more consistent. It wouldn't be
> > that big of a challenge as we're a small team and all, but if we wait
> > til later to change it when we're bigger it's gonna be a lot more work.
> > ~Jordan Montgomery
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> > Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (MingW32)
> > iD8DBQFF2eVM8vAotRyPuRsRArdyAJ9olkU8WfGkvQoWVlKVSrFCNGPqQQCcCHbo
> > 7IZM2xfi5ZILKv2ToiAlYJ4=
> > =wTgF
> > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> > --
> > Ubuntu-us-ky mailing list
> > Ubuntu-us-ky at lists.ubuntu.com
> > Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ky
> Eric Lake
> Ubuntu-us-ky mailing list
> Ubuntu-us-ky at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-ky
More information about the Ubuntu-us-ky