Your thoughts

David Price davidpricemail at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 14:14:56 GMT 2007

A good point is made on the blog.  I agree to making the change.  However, if it's going to happen, it should be done quickly to minimize the impact.

Eric Lake <ericlake at gmail.com> wrote: I just read this post on Aaron Toponce's blog
http://www.pthree.org/2007/02/18/us-loco-teams-success/. I think that
it would be a good idea for us to discuss one of the issues that he
points out. It is the issue of "Internet consistency".

What are your thoughts on this?

As of now our presence on the web does not follow the pattern that is
being set. For instance, our IRC channel is #ubuntu-ky and our
Launchpad site is https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ky. If we were to
follow the standard here we would have our channel at #ubuntu-kentucky
and be found on Launchpad at https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-kentucky.

Would it be best for the team to make this change now? How will it
impact us if we do? What would the process be? How do we effectively
communicate the changes to the team?

In all we would have to have changes made to the IRC channel, mailing
list, forum and Launchpad. We are still a fairly new team so if we are
to do this then I think that the time to do it is now.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lake