New to Ubuntu

Eric E100 at fuse.net
Mon Apr 23 05:51:35 BST 2007

Hi,
I desperately want to switch to Linux. I need someone to answer a few questions via email so I can be sure I'm doing the right thing and can get support. Is there someone out there who can help?

I currently use win98se. I have a small business and run several critical applications that I want to switch over:
* Quickbooks pro 99- business accounting software
* TurboCad 6.5- Autocad (.dwg file extension) compatable 3D drawing software
* MS Office 97- I use word, excel, access, and powerpoint programs
* PrintShop V.6- graphics program

I was in contact with someone (but have lost his email) who told me that there are programs that would open my existing files. I need to be able to find these programs and download Ubuntu and the programs on a trial basis. Is this possible? Should I join a community first? Is there one near by? How should I proceed?

Thanks,
Eric Ubelhor
Walton, KY