[ubuntu-us-in] Ubuntu 10.10

Phil Buckler buck2825 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:24:01 UTC 2012

I agree and have been internally fighting with this decision the past few
weeks.  Initially I told myself that Unity would get better just give it
time.  Well here we are 12.04 LTS is out and Unity sucks, Gnome 3 is worse
and I find myself frustrated asking if I should just install windows 7.  I
don't know what the answer is but I don't think yet another linux distro is
the answer.  When I look at linux distros I look
for longevity, financial sound business model, and usability.   I am now 6
year using Ubuntu so I have amassed several tools and software packages
that I like and know.  So I tend to lean toward a Debian OS of some flavor.
 I don't want to get much more then one distro removed from the Debian for
the support.  That is the reason I have downloaded an am now
testing Linux Mint Debian.  I'm still not sure what i'm going to end up
with but it should be thoroughly frustrating.

-Phil